In the Spring, our CSA boxes get picked up in the late afternoon on Mondays. This doesn’t leave a whole lot of time to plan a meal and pick up additional ingredients, especially with my MIL out of town this week. So for our first CSA-sourced meal, my husband whipped together a scramble using supplemental ingredients we had lying around. Here’s a rough idea of his process:
Leftovers Scramble (Serves 2)
- 4-5 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1/2 a Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 carrot, Peeled & Diced
- 1/2 cup of Black Beans
- Small Bunch of Kale
- 1-2 Eggs
- Pinch of Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Stir fry the green onion, red onion, carrot first.
- After a couple minutes, toss in the kale.
- When kale starts to wilt, throw in the beans.
- Everything looks pretty much done? Throw in the egg(s) & flavor with cumin, salt and pepper while you scramble it up.